From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2021 - 15:36:18 CST

Hi,
  What GPU and video drivers are you using? This could also be a but in
the desktop compositing-based window manager -- what window manager are
you using? Gnome? KDE? Something else, what version? I've heard of
two other users encountering something that sounded like this on recent
Ubuntu systems with unknown hardware/software configurations, but
otherwise I've not heard of anything like this in recent times.
It strikes me as a bug in your system software however.

The warning from VMD about the "Composite" extension is only
relevant to stereoscopic rendering. Today, most window managers
use compositing and stereoscopic displays are extremely rare, so
the current test versions of VMD 1.9.4 no longer emit this warning
even though it's still an issue.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/