From: Johannes Haataja (jh2225_at_cam.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2021 - 06:27:04 CST

Dear all,
        is it possible in VMD to visualize individual atoms using
custom shapes e.g cubes or tetrahedrons, instead of VDW spheres? Or is
only possible perhaps via importing STL files etc...?

My best,
        Johannes

PS: The reason I'm asking is that I would like visualize some hard
particle Monte Carlo simulations, cf.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://hoomd-blue.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial/00-Introducing-HOOMD-blue/07-Analyzing-Trajectories.html__;!!DZ3fjg!vONRATg-Q_EgeJPGdpUrZl8uZWbaXFQYQDtI4mJMReVOXnMGNZE-NH-DYSZ1HQ-bZg$

and although VMD can read gsd trajectories, I haven't found a way to
create custom particle shapes...