From: Jason Smith (jason_smith_18_at_sfu.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 21 2021 - 10:54:12 CST

Hi Surya,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'keep'. You can select them using e.g. in the representation window:

water and (same residue as within X of protein)

where X is a distance in angstroms (this won't capture ions btw). But you're gonna have to be more specific about what you want to do after that. Bear in mind that you will need to update the selection every frame to keep only the solvent in close proximity to the protein.

Cheers,

-
Jason Smith
Post-Doctoral Fellow
Robert N. Young Lab, Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive, Burnaby, BC, V5A-1S6
Canada