From: Soumik Ghosh (soumik2805_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 17 2021 - 11:00:56 CST

 Hi,

I have been trying to create Tachyon eoptential figures using vmd. When I
render it manually via the GUI it works, but when I try to render these
figures via a script, sometimes the rendering gets stuck at some %
completion. it results in incomplete rendered pictures and sometimes I have
to manually kill it. Can you please help? Following is the script I use.
-------------
display depthcue off
display projection Orthographic

mol addfile epotential.dx type dx first 0 last -1 step 1 filebonds 1
autobonds 1 waitfor all
mol addfile density.dx type dx first 0 last -1 step 1 filebonds 1 autobonds
1 waitfor all

mol delrep 0 top
mol representation Isosurface 0.000100 1 0 0 1 1
mol color Volume 0
mol selection {all}
mol material Opaque
mol addrep top
mol selupdate 0 top 0
mol colupdate 0 top 0
mol scaleminmax top 0 -0.080000 0.080000
mol smoothrep top 0 0

display resetview
scale by 0.7
drawframes top 0 {0:2}
color Display Background white
axes location Off
material change specular Transparent 0.220000
material change shininess Transparent 0.660000
material change opacity Transparent 0.300000

render Tachyon VMDscene.dat "/usr/bin/tachyon" -aasamples 12 %s -format
TARGA -o %s_rot0.tga
rotate {x} by 90
render Tachyon VMDscene.dat "/usr/bin/tachyon" -aasamples 12 %s -format
TARGA -o %s_rotx.tga
rotate {x} by -90
rotate {y} by 90
render Tachyon VMDscene.dat "/usr/bin/tachyon" -aasamples 12 %s -format
TARGA -o %s_roty.tga
------------

Thanking you in advance,
Soumik Ghosh

--
Soumik Ghosh
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow
SciClus GmbH & Co. KG
Moritz-von-Rohr-Str. 1a
07745 Jena
Tel +49 3641/27893 33
Fax +49 3641/27893 99
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.sciclus.de__;!!DZ3fjg!uzRsIDopW-ZG8ocqMJkKtKf3J07qPpOOZ5gdDbNhgGHONivClcmZM8EYngpD8uPDoQ$
Unternehmenssitz: Jena
Handelsregister: Jena HRA 504364
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
SciClus Administration GmbH – Sitz: Jena
Handelsregister: Jena HRB 513216
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Burkhard Jahn, Dr. Martin Presselt
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.logiclab-itn.eu__;!!DZ3fjg!uzRsIDopW-ZG8ocqMJkKtKf3J07qPpOOZ5gdDbNhgGHONivClcmZM8EYngpgCfiaOw$
Follow us on Twitter:
twitter.com/Leibniz_IPHT
twitter.com/LogicLab_ITN