From: Stefan Boresch (stefan_at_mdy.univie.ac.at)
Date: Mon Jan 04 2021 - 04:23:11 CST

John,

sorry for the late reply!

I finally tested this for 1.9.4a50 (December 17, 2020)

Starting fails both from command.exe as well as powershell, if the
program attempts to initialize OSPRAY. If I use VMDNOOSPRAY=1 then
vmd starts fine/identically from command prompt as well as a powershell
window.

While I know that in my setup some paths etc are different in the two
environment, they have no effect on vmd / the OSPRAY issue.

Belatedly all the best for the New Year!

Stefan