From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 18 2020 - 10:50:56 CST

Hi,
  I don't believe we've (yet) added a Tcl binding that permits
voxel-at-a-time editing of volumetric data. It would be
relatively easy to do so however. In the short term, you might
find it easy to write an ASCII DX file with the same grid size
and other parameters, with the Z-based potentials you have in mind,
and add that to your existing volume using the built-in commands.

When I get a break from Windows/Mac build issues, I'll have a look
at what APIs are exposed here. In principle, adding voxel-level
access should not be hard, except that it would impact VMD's
tracking of volumetric data updates, representation regeneration
and redrawing, etc.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/