From: Jason Smith (jason_smith_18_at_sfu.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 17 2020 - 21:11:57 CST

John,

thanks. I have tested DCD opening in V4 and was able to open a 168 GB file. I did not test larger.

FYI with the installer for that one though, it seems to ignore the installation path without giving any errors. It always installed to the default C:\Porgam Files\VMD. I tried a few times to get it to other folders or other drives. When I tried to install while using the VMD.exe in that folder, it gave every indication of doing it's extraction job, but did not actually overwrite any of the files nor give any errors. I don't know if V3 did that as I didn't try to change the install path for that.

Cheers,

-
Jason Smith
Post-Doctoral Fellow
Robert N. Young Lab, Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive, Burnaby, BC, V5A-1S6
Canada