From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 03 2020 - 16:10:47 CST

Hi,
  JC Gumbart wrote the hbonds plugin originally, so hopefully he can
answer any and all details you're after. Looking at the code very quickly,
I do see a few places where it's looking for specific atom names, so indeed,
atom naming may need to match its expectations.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/