From: Krishna Vkm (krishnatifr_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 07 2020 - 04:47:50 CDT

Hi Peter
Yes, you pointed out the main issue. I have to write that I have used
different versions of NAMD in the method section. So, I think the reviewer
can ask that there can be an issue with using different NAMD versions
regarding reproducibility.
The main thing is that I am studying a protein complex system consisting of
two proteins (let's say A and B). I am looking at the distance between the
center of mass of A and B. I ran multiple independent simulations and I
got different distances every time. Now I want to add more number
independent simulations for better statistics because the distances between
A and B are not consistent and so require good statistics. Now if different
versions of NAMD differ in some aspects ( which I am not aware of) which
can affect the distances between A and B, then I think it will be a problem
if I mix the simulations from NAMD2.9 and NAMD2.13 to know about the
distances between A and B.

Thank you