From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 19 2020 - 07:32:14 CDT

Hi JC, many of my coworkers are still using an old build of Dowser.

To recall for the list, this code has not been available publicly since the
developing PI retired and the (taxpayer-funded) software is not available
for download any more.

I have looked at the proposed successor:
http://stuchebrukhov.ucdavis.edu/dowserplusplus/ but it was far from being
functional on the same input PDB files that the old Dowser could easily
deal with. Looking closer at a few of the citations of the Dowser++ paper,
I saw a mixture of:
- papers introducing other water-placement methods, and citing it for
context;
- review articles;
- a few application papers that cite it as a reference for the old Dowser.
I have not seen yet a paper that discussed the use of "Dowser++" in the
methods. Did anyone?

Giacomo