From: Josh Vermaas (joshua.vermaas_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 19 2020 - 15:47:22 CDT

Ok, I'm alot less familiar with material science applications. If these are
permanent bonds that VMD's automated topology picks up, I'd use the
numbonds selection I mentioned earlier. If instead they are fleeting, I
think you'd need to use measure contacts. Again, I don't know your system
well enough to understand what you are trying to quantify.

-Josh