From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat May 30 2020 - 16:28:54 CDT

Francois-Xavier,
  CIF plugin is something I should be able to dig into shortly.
It has been and is still on my TODO list. I'm expecting to have
time to give it a spin to see if I can put it into the next round
of test builds. Once CUDA 11 gets posted, I will be working out
which MSVS compiler versions I have to use on Microsoft Windows,
and at that point it'll be simpler to move forward with integrating
and testing this (mostly for C++11 issues). I will likely also
have Linux builds on a later OS release, which will likely make
the C++11 dependency solvable there too. Anyway, it's on my list,
I haven't forgotten.

You'll find that some of the bugs on MacOS X still exist, as I haven't
done anything to workaround some of the FLTK issues people have
reported (multi-screen resizing oddities that appear to be an
internal FLTK bug, red-screen while resizing the graphics window, etc).
I plan to make an explicit list of known bugs in the new Catalina builds
to help keep track of these and so people know what to watch out for.
I haven't done so yet, but it may be worth updating to a newer FLTK
snapshot soon and comparing these bug behaviors.

Best,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/