From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 29 2020 - 16:51:53 CDT

Hi,
  I've posted fresh builds of VMD 1.9.4 alpha 42 to the
VMD download site. There a bunch of updates to various
plugins and new features that are being finalized in hopes
of making the final release of VMD. I've posted a src
tarball as well, for those that want to compile their own.

We still have to make some mileage on updating VMD plugins
for Tcl 8.6 required by MacOS X Catalina and likely also
new 64-bit Windows builds of VMD. Several of the modeling
and analysis plugins have already been updated to this end,
but we've got about 50 more that need attention before they'll
be ready for release.

I'm expecting to shift gears and focus on 64-bit Windows
builds, finishing new analysis functionality, and some
further ray tracing feature/performance improvements before
the final release of VMD 1.9.4. I don't have a particular
deadline in mind as much as having reached sufficient
stability on MacOS X Catalina.

It has been quite a challenge to keep the ball rolling while
working remotely since this complicates the build/test cycle
significantly, so I appreciate bug reports and feedback for
these test builds.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/