From: Josh Vermaas (joshua.vermaas_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 27 2020 - 15:25:36 CDT

Surf depends on an external binary to work properly if I remember
correctly, and that binary may be caught up in the Catalina weirdness and
not run correctly, thereby generating no output. What happens if you switch
to QuickSurf? That one is implemented directly in VMD, so I'd expect it to
work more robustly.

-Josh