From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 09 2020 - 16:21:37 CDT

Hi,
  VMD will run fine on all modern x86 CPU types. The only major limitation
for the existing 32-bit Windows builds is that they can only use 4GB of RAM
at once. Let us know if you need assistance with anything. I'm working
on setting up a build box for 64-bit Windows, but COVID has slowed
my efforts there since I'm under lockdown like everyone else. I'm preparing
another build box at home now.

Best,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/