From: Mortimer Hemmit (mortimer.hemmit_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 30 2020 - 14:42:05 CDT

Hello,

Problem: VMD crashes when loading in a Chemical Component Dictionary
CIF. (The file is in PDBx/mmCIF format which is why I expect it to
load).

To reproduce (I am using 32-bit VMD noCUDA on a 64-bit Windows 10 machine):
1. Download a CIF definition from the PDB. I used ethanol, located at
https://www.rcsb.org/ligand/EOH
2. Load the file into VMD
3. VMD crashes and all 3 windows vanish from the screen

Output before it crashes:
Info) VMD for WIN32, version 1.9.3 (November 30, 2016)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 4 CPUs detected.
Info) Free system memory: 2047MB (100%)
Info) OpenGL renderer: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics
Info) Features: STENCIL MDE CVA MTX NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVFGS)
Info) Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (16384x16384), 3-D (2048x2048x2048), Multitexture (8)
Info) Spaceball driver not installed. Spaceball interface disabled.
Info) No joysticks found. Joystick interface disabled.
Info) Dynamically loaded 75 plugins in directory:
Info) C:/Program Files (x86)/University of Illinois/VMD/plugins/WIN32/molfile
vmd > pdbxplugin) Could not get atom number

Thank you,
Mortimer