From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 02 2020 - 13:34:42 CST

Some addition: Josh is referring to the interactive VMD rendering (using
Snapshot, or even better OptiX/OSPRay).

But you can also render offline with Tachyon, or one of the other
ray-tracing engines supported by VMD. For example the "-res" option of the
command-line Tachyon (external tool, usually bundled with VMD) will allow
you to set a custom resolution. This way you don't need to keep VMD open,
and you could even render on a remote server with better hardware than your
laptop or workstation.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
Research collaborator, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD