From: David Sáez (davidsaezsan_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2020 - 07:57:40 CST

Hi James and Giuseppe,

Thanks for your suggestions. I used the charges provided by CGenFF (much
less polarized than those obtained in the calculation) and the profile
improved a lot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezw6ulylgpa4sxp/Selecci%C3%B3n_025.png?dl=0

The MM potential in the picture has an RMSE of 0.875. Is that a reasonable
value, or should I keep searching a profile more similar to the QME?

PS: Regarding the charge optimization I noticed that in different
iterations I obtained quite different values for the atomic charges,
without signs of convergence. What is the target function in the process?
Reproducing the electrostatic potential like in ESP?

Regards.