From: Axel Kohlmeyer (axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 17:12:47 CDT

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Vlad Cojocaru wrote:

dear vlad,

it is not a script but a shared library.

please check out: <http://zlibc.linux.lu/>

to use it, you need to use the LD_PRELOAD environment
variable and then open the file _without_ the .gz.

good luck,
        axel.

p.s.: i have only tested it on linux. it's principle mechanism
should also work on Solaris and IRIX, but i don't know whether
thos OSes are fully supported.

VC> Dear VMDs,
VC> I saw some time ago that there is a script for loading compressed
VC> amber trajectories ("fname.gz") into vmd. I looked into the library but
VC> I couldnt find it.
VC> Could you tell me where can I find this script?
VC> Thanks
VC> vlad

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer                        e-mail: axel.kohlmeyer_at_rub.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-26673
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/53         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum  http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/