From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2019 - 00:33:24 CST

Hi,
  From your description, it sounds to me like some part(s) of your
structure were partially wrapped in one or both cases, which
could lead to all kinds of trouble later when trying to align the
structures and compute RMSF etc. You should be able to use the
same atom selections you're using for analysis and visually verify
whether what you're computing RMSFs on actually makes sense or not
pre/post wrapping/unwrapping/rewrapping/etc.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/