From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2019 - 08:34:51 CDT

Hi Suchetana,

The dashed bond label line and the text describing the bond label both use the color defined by Labels->Bonds in the color control panel. So if you wanted a different color for the bond line, you'd need to get creative. Within VMD, I can only imagine creating an explicit bond that you can control with the atom representation window, which will look different than the dashed line VMD will draw. You could also add the lines and labels via postprocessing (I generally add labels via inkscape since they look nicer than the Tachyon-drawn lines), but this works best for static snapshots that aren't animated. Anything else would require a VMD recompile.

-Josh