From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2019 - 17:39:58 CDT

How different is different? Changes in the 5th or 6th digit after the decimal point may be due to accumulated round-off errors based on the different order of additions or algorithmic implementation differences. If its larger than that, I suspect you are measuring two different quantities. VMD's RMSD plugins depend on the alignment to be done first, whereas Maestro *might* (?) use the QCP algorithm, which doesn't need an alignment.

-Josh

PS I can't recall any image or other attachments coming through in the past, so I'm guessing no?