From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 10:12:01 CDT

Olaf,
  Yeah, we've been talking about providing a better default mechanism
than the existing C++ code, implemented by scripting so it can be
easily modified by users. In the short-term a simple Tcl script can
be used for this purpose, its just not something we provide by default
yet. We would definitely like to improve this situation soon, it
has been an annoyance for a while...

  John