From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2019 - 15:29:12 CDT

Hi,
  I've just posted two new Linux and MacOS X test binaries
of VMD 1.9.4 alpha 35. The new version includes new structure
building plugins, a new colvars dashboard tool, updates to the
RTX-accelerated ray tracing engines to quash one of the
outstanding bugs that people had run into with previous builds.

I expect that we will begin a more rapid update cycle soon because
we have also made some massive updates to VMD's Python support with
contributions from Robin Betz and others, and I'm looking for a
good way to redistribute pre-built VMD binaries that are linked
against the latest Python 3.x versions.

We will have alpha builds for other platforms (various Windows and
64-bit MacOS X) starting to become available as bugs get reported
and quashed in the new plugins.

Some of the contributors to the new tools in this beta will
followup on this email with specifics of the new features/tools
they've added for those eager to try them out.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/