From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2019 - 23:12:21 CDT

Jerome,
  The alpha builds are shown on the main VMD download page now.
I don't always post new alpha builds because building some of the
versions that have wildly different dependencies is very work
intensive for me, and I get enough user feedback from prior alpha
releases to make forward progress. I expect to have another big round
of alpha releases once I'm done with a bunch of ongoing rewrites
of the Python interfaces, updated versions of some of the internal
ray tracing engines, and a couple other things that are in-progress.

Best,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/