From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2019 - 16:31:14 CDT

Hi,
  About 700 people downloaded the previous RTX build and a couple of
hard-core VMD users found a few things I needed to fix in the RTX-specific
parts of the VMD OptiX ray tracing engines. I've posted a new
64-bit Linux test build of VMD with RTX hardware accelerated
ray tracing support (1.9.4a31) on the web site. Please give it a spin
and let me know how it works for you.

The new version should work much better on complex scenes with
massive numbers of reflections or transparent geometry that the
previous test build didn't handle properly due to API changes
in the newest OptiX that hadn't been reflected in the VMD RTX-specific
code path.

Best regards,