From: Casalino, Lorenzo (lcasalino_at_UCSD.EDU)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2019 - 13:02:03 CST

Hello,

Thank you John for this information.

I have a few questions regarding this important update:
1) Which NVIDIA GPU RTX models would you recommend to better (and fully) exploit the performance improvements offered by this update?
2) Dees this VMD update improve a little the TachyonLOPtiX ray tracing performance even if different NVIDIA GPUs are used (like Quadro P6000)? Or is it strictly specific for RTX models?
3) Which kind of benefits should I expect when dealing with 100 million atoms systems in terms of loading a state, interacting real time with the system, changing representations, visualizing a trajectory and rendering images/movie?

Thank you
Best

Lorenzo
Lorenzo Casalino, PhD
Post-doctoral research scholar - Amaro Lab
University of Califonia, San Diego
3221 Urey Hall, La Jolla, CA 92039-0340
https://amarolab.ucsd.edu/