From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2019 - 07:47:05 CST

Dear Ernest,
If you use only a single atom group, the pairinteractions implementation in
namd will give energies for all bonded interactions that *involve* the
selected atom, so with your atom selection, you're not just singling out
the two bonds and one angle contained in your selection, but also the other
bonds and angles that they are involved in. If you're interested in
literally only calculating those precise bonds and angle, you might be
better off just recording the coordinates and directly calculating the
energy based on the force field that you are using.
Best,
Peter