From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2019 - 16:15:14 CST

Hi Ashutosh,

Yeah, that happens because .so is the default file extension for compiled shared object libraries on unix-derived operating systems (Linux & Mac). Those files have zero meaning on windows systems, which instead uses .dll files for the same purpose. The immeadiate solution to your problem is to go back to the version of pbctools distributed with VMD that only depends on tcl and forget this ever happened. Was there a particular feature you were looking for that wasn't in the standard build?

-Josh