From: Matthieu Benoit (matthieu.benoit76_at_orange.fr)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2019 - 12:21:37 CST

Hi,

I have 2 similar PDB structures (molid 0 and 1) with their associated cryo-EM map in MRC format.

I've loaded each map in its corresponding molecule (molid 0 and 1 respectively) with "mol addfile".

I've then aligned the atom positions of mol 0 on mol 1 with 'measure fit' and 'move'.

The volume of mol 0 does not move however. I would like that it's relative position to the atoms of mol 0 stay the same (so that it gets aligned too).

What should I do to achieve this? I guess I'll have to use the matrix from 'measure fit' and apply it to the volumetric data but I don't know how the volumetric data is represented in VMD.

Thanks for any advice,

Matthieu

Matthieu BENOIT
Albert Einstein college of medicine