From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2018 - 21:08:19 CDT

Hi,
  We don't have any plans to write something like what you describe.
If you're just looking for some simple code to embed in another tool
to show an atomic structure, you could write something from scratch
that does basic ball-stick rendering pretty easily. There are probably
also various very small open source things around that you could modify
for your purpose.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/