From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2018 - 14:28:17 CDT

You just need to come up with two atom selections that precisely specify
that two sets of components you want to independently measure RMSD for,
and it should be straightforward. Read the VMD User's Guide and/or work
through the tutorials to become more familiar with the selection language.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/