From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2018 - 09:55:17 CDT

Hi,
  The next test version of VMD has a bunch of new capabilities in it that require
video drivers that are as-yet not available to the general public. I have test drivers
but they are restricted by NDA. When the new video drivers are released to the public,
I will be posting new test builds of VMD. The current expectation I have is that
the new drivers will become available in mid-September, and then I will be able to
post the latest test builds of VMD for people to try. Although VMD will run (in a
less featureful state) without the upcoming video drivers, VMD itself is also compiled
against various shared libraries, and I'm expecting production versions of some key
shared libraries to become available contemporaneously with the video drivers, so this
is why I don't just release test builds right this moment.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/