From: Graham Jackson (graham.jackson_at_uct.ac.za)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2018 - 02:38:55 CDT

Hi
I am looking for the best way to display the interaction between a ligand (neuropeptide) and its receptor.
I have a transmembrane receptor, to which I have docked a neuropeptide. The receptor is imbedded in a POPC membrane. At the moment I am not displaying the POPC or the water molecules. I display the receptor in ribbon form and the ligand as VDW. I now want to display those receptor residues near the ligand as CPK. I only seem to be able to select atoms near the ligand but not the whole residue. How do I select/display the whole residue?

Also what is the best way of displaying the surface of the receptor so that you can see the ligand docked?

Thanks

Graham

--
Graham Jackson
Professor Emeritus

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies and email disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/main/email-disclaimer or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.