From: Peter Kroon (p.c.kroon_at_rug.nl)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2018 - 05:03:21 CDT

Hi Josh,

thanks for the quick reply. The external render does have DoF options.
And you're right about the orthographic projection; that doesn't work; I
use a simple perspective projection.

As for the f/stop value: the meaning is inverted between the OptiX
renderer and internal (and external) Tachyon renderer. E.g. with OptiX I
find 89.0 to be a sane value, but with Tachyon that gives me a super
blurry image. Setting it to 0.01124 (1/89) gives a similar image.

But the largest problem remains to get the internal or OptiX render to
give me an image at a resolution larger than the window size.

Peter