From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2018 - 16:01:55 CDT

In other words (if I understand this correctly), you have structures from
two domains connected by a linker protein??. I am not sure I am aware of a
package within vmd which does this, how ever since this sounds like a
typical model building problem, have you thought about considering the use
of modeller? E.g. here

https://salilab.org/modeller/manual/node33.html

The exercise will vary depending on your exact problem.

Feel free to write back if you have further questions.