From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2018 - 04:51:49 CDT

Hi Nick,

Unless you need a specific chirality or geometry, IC tables aren't actually required in a topology file. For the protein part of mCherry, standard topology files only have IC tables to specify the handedness of the amino acid. For the flurophore you are adding in (I assume there is a flurophore?), the heavy atoms alone are enough to specify the position of stray hydrogens, since only sites with 1 hydrogen can be chiral. So basically I would prepare a topology file without an IC table, and then let psfgen guess where the hydrogens need to go. It won't be perfect, but it should be close enough.

-Josh