From: Axel Kohlmeyer (axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 23:27:22 CDT

On 24 Jun 2004, Harindar Keer wrote:

HK> Hi,
HK>
HK> I made a movie by taking snapshots using VMD in ppm format and convert
HK> them to mpeg file using ppmtompeg. I am not able to run the movie in
HK> windows media player, it shows just blank screen. But I am able to run
HK> the same mpg file on MpegTV on linux. It would be great if someone can
HK> point out what could go wrong.

the mpeg you have produced may not be conforming to the mpeg format(s),
that windows media player supports. most of the time, less forgiving player
programs seem to chocke on non-standard screen sizes. i have found
that you can view mpeg movies created with mjpegtools with a large
variety of players, if you stick to the standards. it also comes
with some documentation explaining the how to conform to standards.

axel.

HK> Thanks !!
HK> Harindar

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer                        e-mail: axel.kohlmeyer_at_rub.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-26673
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/53         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum  http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/