From: McGuire, Kelly (mcg05004_at_byui.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2018 - 16:45:35 CDT

I ran a 20 ns simulation, saving every 2000 frames, so I have 10,000 frames. When I try to load the dcd, it crashes. I've some of the other responses to this problem. I am using using the VMD 1.9.3 Windows 32-bit, so I know there is a limit on memory for this version of VMD. What's interesting though is the winvmd console says I have 4095MB (100%) of free system memory and my GPU has 4.0GB. Neither one of those is true. My desktop has 32 GB of memory and my

GTX 1080 Ti has 11 GB of memory. Is there a way to force this version of VMD to recognize all of my memory? Is this just a problem with VMD being the 32-bit version? Thanks!

Kelly L. McGuire

PhD Scholar

Department of Physiology and Developmental Biology

Brigham Young University

LSB 3050

Provo, UT 84602