From: Ray, William (ray.29_at_osu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2018 - 14:19:30 CDT

OSX has taken to ignoring the "allow from unauthorized source anyway" option, even if you give it an administrator password.

There is however a work-around.

1 Launch System Preferences.

2 Go to Security and Privacy.

3 "Click the lock to make changes"

4 Enter your admin password.

5 Change the "Allow apps downloaded from" to "anywhere".

6 Close System Preferences.

7 Try to install your unauthorized software.

8 Authorize the system to "run software downloaded from the internet?"

9 Enter your password again if asked.

10 Once the software successfully launches, quit it.

11 Launch System Preferences/Security again, and "click the lock to make changes", and re-set your security "Allow Apps" setting to "Mac App Store and Identified developers". Quit System Preferences

12 Re-launch the software. It should launch without complaint.

13 Grumble about idiot security procedures necessitated by the fact that application installation, and system configuration/software modification are not properly privilege-separated, as any sane system configuration that did not cater to nincompoop users should have done...