From: Rune Thomas Kidmose (rtk_at_mbg.au.dk)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2018 - 11:49:41 CDT

That is something I have done when I for example was doing MDFF on spliceosomes etc.

There I had to make sure all chains were unique and when I ran out of chain IDs I had to reuse chain IDs making sure the resid’s were unique. So my normal procedure was to increment the resid with a value that ensured that no chains had the same residue number twice (or more).

So yes that is one way, but it takes time and it makes down stream analysis slow and more complex than needed. And I do have PDBs with to many atoms and chains to fit inside a PDB file, at least as long as I can’t use two character chain IDs.

Also I want something that works with a minimal of manual intervention, so if it was possible to run multiple PDBs at once I would strongly prefer that.

Cheers

Ruki