From: t.shivam_at_iitg.ernet.in
Date: Mon Mar 12 2018 - 05:57:21 CDT

> Is it necessary to create a topology file for a newly built system? If it
> is then ,how can we create a topology file from the existing pdb and psf
> file of newly built cnt(solvated)?

If you already have a psf file you don't need a topology file, topology
file is an intermediate file needed to create the psf file, you don't need
a topology file to run simulation.

one piece of suggestion i would like to give you is that, even i am also a
beginner and what i found helpful is that if you go through the basic
tutorials of both NAMD and VMD very carefully, you will find most of your
questions answered, with much better understanding.

regards
shivam