From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2018 - 13:15:44 CST

Hi,
  I would guess that this might be an issue of running
out of memory (or address space) depending on what
operating system you're using and how much memory
your machine has vs. the size of the NetCDF file
you're trying to load. What error messages do you see when
VMD quits during this process?

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/