From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2018 - 07:34:44 CST

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 8:11 AM, Mahmood Naderan <mahmood.nt_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> While building plugins, I decided to remove "NETCDFLDFLAGS = -lnetcdf
> " line from the Make-arch file (LINUXAMD64 section). I didn't see any
> error then!
> Is that normal?

​yes.​

> Isn't that mandatory?

​the makefile for building the molfile plugins is smart enough to skip
building the netcdf molfile plugin, if the flags required for it are not
provided.
this applies for several other libraries (tcl, expat, sqlite, tng) as well.

axel.