From: Barry Isralewitz (barryi_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2017 - 15:36:09 CST

Hi Giacomo,

        In TkConsole, "Prefs:Hot Errors" can be convenient for debugging.

From http://wiki.tcl.tk/1878 :
hot errors is the facility in tkcon that makes any error thrown to the toplevel tkcon command line a link. Clicking on the link will pop up the full error (with errorInfo <http://wiki.tcl.tk/1645>) and, where possible, highlight procs. Green highlighted procs will pop up an edit window with that proc information, while blue highlighted procs will do the same, but highlight the error information it received from the stack trace. In this way, errors in your code that reach the global level become much easier to debug

                        Cheers,

                        Barry

> On Dec 8, 2017, at 9:28 AM, Giacomo Fiorin <giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for pointing it out: I rarely use TkConsole myself and run the commands from the terminal instead (which is fully customizable). Do guys at UIUC have any tricks to suggest for the menus?
>

> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 9:47 AM, João Ribeiro <jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu <mailto:jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu>> wrote:
> Dear Giacomo,
> Dear Yanxiao,
>
> I would like to point it out that it is possible to change the TkConcole font size without recompile VMD (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/27486.html <http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/27486.html>).
> syntax: tkcon font <type> <size>: tkcon font Courier 20
>
> Best
>
> João
>

> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 7:16 AM Giacomo Fiorin <giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com <mailto:giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hello Han, VMD uses the FLTK library for rendering menus, buttons, and the other GUI elements. Unfortunately it looks like the font size is hard-coded and cannot be changed without recompilation. But if you're OK with recompiling VMD, you can try changing it:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fltkgeneral/bA10njfviLM <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fltkgeneral/bA10njfviLM>
>
> On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Yanxiao Han <hanyanxiao1_at_gmail.com <mailto:hanyanxiao1_at_gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can somebody help me to increase the font of the vmd interface and the TkConsole? I am using vmd 1.9.3 on fedora, and the current resolution of my monitor is 3840×2160(16:9).
>
> It is too much pain to use those small font, I really hope you can help me out. I checked some comand it nevet work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Han
>

> --
> Giacomo Fiorin
> Associate Professor of Research, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
> Contractor, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
> http://goo.gl/Q3TBQU <http://goo.gl/Q3TBQU>
> https://github.com/giacomofiorin <https://github.com/giacomofiorin>
> --
> ……………………………………………………...
> João Vieira Ribeiro
> Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group
> Beckman Institute, University of Illinois
> jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu <mailto:jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
> +1 (217) 3005851 <tel:(217)%20300-5851>
>

> --
> Giacomo Fiorin
> Associate Professor of Research, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
> Contractor, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
> http://goo.gl/Q3TBQU <http://goo.gl/Q3TBQU>
> https://github.com/giacomofiorin <https://github.com/giacomofiorin>

--
Barry Isralewitz
3043 Beckman, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign