From: Kamps, M. (m.kamps_at_student.rug.nl)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2017 - 06:28:46 CDT

Dear VMD users,

I cannot figure out how to make the following work:

I want to select all atoms within a certain distance of a group of
atoms, however, I want only a small section of that set.
For example, suppose I have a atom A, and I want to select all atoms
within 5 of that atom A, I simply enter:
within 5 of name A

However, now suppose I would like to see all atoms from 5 to 10 within
that atom A. Which means I want to select the set "within 10 of name
A", but I want to subtract "within 5 of name A" from this set. How can
I do this?

When I enter:
within 10 of name A and not within 5 of name A
I do not obtain the desired results.

Any ideas? Kind regards,

Mark