From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2017 - 16:28:07 CST

We would definitely need to see the error messages (if any) that VMD
emits when reading the file in order to say much about what might
be happening here. Best would be to provide us with a copy of
a file that you have trouble loading by posting it somewhere for download.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/