From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2017 - 23:53:12 CST

Hi,
  Just to add to what Brian said, in general, always try the latest
VMD release as we often have bug fixes or improvements in the molfile
plugins that help resolve things like this. Also, whenever
VMD users have troubles with reading particular files, I'm always happy
to collect any file that gives trouble and address unresolved issues
with the molfile plugin(s) that are associated with the affected file
format.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/