From: Denilson F. Oliveira (denilson_at_dqi.ufla.br)
Date: Fri Dec 02 2016 - 12:03:00 CST

Dear João,

I will provide answers right after your questions to make understanding
easier:

1) Was the chlorine atom defined as "Cl" in the str file?

Yes. "Cl" was used in the str and pdb files.

2) Is this str file made by you or is it an original file from the
CHARMM force field?

I made it.

3) I would be careful to change the name of the to "CL" as this atom is
declared in the lipid topology.

Yes. I know it. But I could not find another solution for this problem.
Therefore, I make sure that my str file is the last parameter file to be
read by Namd, so that in my calculation "CL" will be treated as a
chlorine atom. It is not a very strange solution as chlorine is named
"CL" in CGenFF 3.0.1. By the way, to use "CL" to name different atoms in
the lipid topology and CGenFF will certainly generate some problems.

Best wishes.

Denilson