From: Jan Janssen (janssen_at_mpie.de)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2016 - 02:42:43 CDT

 Hello,

I am trying to setup VMD with the Oculus Rift. So far I complied VMD from source with the following packages:
./configure LINUXAMD64 OPENGL OPENGLPBUFFER FLTK TK ACTC IMD XINERAMA XINPUT LIBOPTIX LIBTACHYON NETCDF COLVARS TCL PYTHON PTHREADS NUMPY  FREEVR SILENT

Btw. my operation system is Ubuntu 16.04. Then I start vmd using the -dispdev freevr Option but I am not sure how to link the Oculus Rift to FreeVR. As far as the Ouculus Rift setup is concerned I installed the SDK and the nvidia drivers for the GTX980 I am using, so Ubuntu recognized the Oculus as additional display. Maybe one of you can help me how to setup freevr inside VMD.

Regards

Jan

Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1
D-40237 Düsseldorf

Handelsregister B 2533
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf

Geschäftsführung
Prof. Dr. Gerhard Dehm
Prof. Dr. Jörg Neugebauer
Prof. Dr. Dierk Raabe
Dr. Kai de Weldige

Ust.-Id.-Nr.: DE 11 93 58 514
Steuernummer: 105 5891 1000

Please consider that invitations and e-mails of our institute are
only valid if they end with …@mpie.de.
If you are not sure of the validity please contact rco_at_mpie.de

Bitte beachten Sie, dass Einladungen zu Veranstaltungen und E-Mails
aus unserem Haus nur mit der Endung …@mpie.de gültig sind.
In Zweifelsfällen wenden Sie sich bitte an rco_at_mpie.de